Head of PMO
Customer Success Manager
Subject to Experience
Centrality Ltd Arran Park, Chapel Road, Meppershall, Bedfordshire, SG17 5NQ
40 hours per week
The Head of PMO will support and drive improvements to Centrality’s Project Management practices, standards and tools, ensuring compliance with these processes and embedding best practice. A fundamental part of the role is to contribute to the development of a Resource Management Framework, defining the processes and tools to effectively forecast, plan, schedule and monitor resourcing across the Change Portfolio.
- Develop and lead the Resource Management Plan working with project managers and technical team leads to determine the demand and supply for capabilities and capacity.
- Set up and administration of resource capacity planning and tracking to help understand resource availability.
- Monitor periods of high and low demand to ensure that resources are reallocated appropriately.
- Hold Project Managers accountable and escalate where necessary.
- Support the development and maintenance of generic project management standards, processes, templates and procedures.
- Ensure the completeness and regular maintenance of project plans including an up-to-date repository of projects.
- Ensuring Project Review Boards and Steering committees are coordinated and supported.
- Contributing to reviews and audits of the management of projects to ensure conformance to organisation standards.
- Rolling out improvement activities and or training as appropriate
- Provide management information packs for senior stakeholders – responsible for reviewing and reporting forecast resource demand vs planned resources to assist in identifying over/under allocation and enable balancing across the portfolio.
Skills and Experience
A minimum of 3 years’ experience in a Professional Services projects environment is considered essential.
Experience of working for a Managed Service Provider is highly advantageous.
- Personal drive to achieve significant change in relatively short periods of time.
- Experience of defining and implementing a project resource management process.
- Experience supporting the implementation of, and ‘owning’ Project Portfolio Management toolsets (e.g., Clarity, Planview, Kaseya).
- Excellent understanding of project governance and project management lifecycles.
- Able to lead by example with a thorough understanding of how the PMO team assists the organisation.
- Proficient and can advise others in project management methods, principles, techniques and tools.
- Strong stakeholder management skills.
- Process orientated, an organiser with strong planning ability and attention to detail.
- A team player with a strong desire to achieve excellence.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, written and verbal.
- Advanced Excel and PowerPoint skills.
- Holds PMO Accreditations from such organisation as PRINCE2, PMI, APM, PMO Learning
- Lives the Centrality Values of Honesty, Expertise, Approachable, Results and Teamwork
- Takes ownership and has a can-do attitude, positive manner
- Calm under pressure
- Passionate about Service Excellence
- Amiable and flexible team player
- Curious, inquisitive
- Valid driving license
- Own means of transport