Shefford, Bedfordshire, SG17
Reporting directly to the Head of Business Development, the Account Manager will be responsible for ensuring managing and growing our strategic relationship with key assigned customers, delivering upon sales and performance targets set in line with company objectives. The successful candidate must have a proven track record in account management, growing and retaining customers’ accounts ideally within IT Managed Service Provider sector. With excellent relationship skills, commercially astute, with a high degree of professionalism they will create, manage and execute account management plans and strive to become the customers trusted advisor. They will seek to maximise opportunities to collaborate, deepen relationships to deliver long term growth.
- Create, manage and execute upon account development plans, to maximise the sales value and contribution of opportunities from your assigned customer(s);
- Develop and maintain an accurate sales forecast and pipeline of opportunity to achieve sales targets
- Assist the company to grow its annuity income stream by maximising all potential annuity opportunities
- Maintain the sales CRM platform to ensure transparency, and knowledge sharing of opportunity statusfrom yourcustomers
- Build relationships at the CXO level, understand client strategic vision and operational plans
- Engage proactively at all levels with the customer to understand their business pains/needs and provide trusted guidance to deepen engagement
- Feedback to the business key industry trends, customer pains to ensure our propositions are market aligned
- Build and nurture relationships on multiple levels within the client portfolio. Extending the relationship across hierarchy levels within Clients
- Works across the teams, acting as the customer champion ensuring high levels of professionalism and intimacy –to drive mutual success
Skills and Experience
- Educated to degree standard
- Knowledge of solution selling, and structured sales methodologies
- At least 3 years prior experience within an Account Management role within a IT Managed Service Provider
- At least 1 years experience operating at CIO/IT Director level with medium sized enterprises
- Demonstrable experience in growing assigned customer base and sales target overachievement.
- Solid understanding of Cloud, Microsoft M365 and security propositions within a consulting and annuity stream business.
Personal Characteristics & Behaviours
- Passionate and highly professional with high integrity
- Charismatic individual, with an ability to build rapport and trust quickly
- Proactive in approach, an attentive listener, confident in use of probing questions
- Nurturing style to cultivate opportunities, and handle objections
- Able to lead internal and external stakeholder groups and influence to achieve win-win outcomes
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills–both written and oral.
- Strong organisational, planning and time management skills
- Ability to maintain a positive attitude and calmdemeanour when under high pressure
- High degree of diligence and professionalism and meticulous attention to detail.
- High level of numeracy, literacy and able to generate and present high-qualityreporting.
- Commercially astute
- High tolerance to travel
- Valid driving license
- Own means of transport