2nd Line Support Analyst
2nd Line Team Leader
Dependant upon experience
Centrality offices (Arran Park, Chapel Road, Meppershall, Bedfordshire, SG17 5NQ)
Average of 40 hours per week, working a mixture of 12-hour and 9 hour shifts on a 24/7 rota basis.
The 2nd Line Support Analyst will have excellent incident and problem analysis, diagnosis and resolution skills, ensuring that incidents and requests are resolved and implemented to agreed standards and timescales. You will act as an escalation point for the 1st line Service Desk, researching and resolving more complex or time-consuming issues, however, you will know when an incident you are working on needs escalating to 3rd line. You will liaise and collaborate with other service providers, as well as third-party suppliers, to understand multi-faceted IT issues.
On occasion you will be required to work out of customer sites.
- Provide support to customers via telephone, e-mail and remote access
- Diagnose and resolve escalations
- Creating knowledge base articles for First Line Service Centre Analysts to improve technical knowledge
- Act as a technical escalation for First Line Service Centre Analysts.
- On-site support when required
- Responsible for owning all incidents in their queue
- All calls (excluding third party) to be updated daily.
- All calls to be prioritised in line with SLA, unless overruled by a P1, P2 call or, instructed
by your senior / team leader
- If a call breaches SLA call customer to advise and let them know why when next update is due
- When you start working on a call, Contact customer to inform and clarify incident
- First means of contact should be via the telephone
- Responsible for updating all third party calls, these should be done via phone, not a
- Seniors responsible for monitoring analyst incident management
- Floor walking to assist all analysts
- No abandoned (personal) calls
- Windows 7 and Windows 10 Desktop Support
- EPOS support
- Handheld Support
- MS Surface Pro Support
- Exchange\Office 365 Support
- WAN\LAN network troubleshooting
- Basic Windows Server 2008 R2 – 2012 Support
- Managed Build Support
- The post holder may opt out of the 48 hour (Working Time Directive).
- The post holder will be required to visit Centrality’s customer places of work as required whereby all travel expenses fully reimbursed
- The post holder will be required to assist in the preparation and dispatch of IT equipment.
- The post holder may be required to undertake training as specified.
Skills and Experience
- GCSE Maths and English at grade C or higher (E)
- Willingness to participate in professional development specific to role (E)
- A-Level Maths and English at grade C or higher (D)
- Active and recent Microsoft technical qualifications (D)
- Minimum of 3 years’ Service Desk\Helpdesk support experience
- Minimum of 2 years Active Directory experience
- Minimum of 12 months Office365 support
- Experience in using service desk applications to log and monitor support calls
- Demonstrable Incident Management experience – Managing incidents including
business expectations, communication and dealing with escalations
- Exceptional analytical problem solving skills
- Knowledge of both server and client operating systems
- Ability to liaise and collaborate with authority to other service providers, as well as third party suppliers
- Use of remote control software for fault diagnosis and resolution
- A knowledge of network topology, components and systems monitoring
- Remote administration of workstations, servers, routers, network switches
- General network connectivity/troubleshooting
Personal Characteristics & Behaviours
- Excellent communication & interpersonal skills, written and oral, confident with all levels of user up to and including director level
- Strong experience of working on a corporate IT Service Desk / Helpdesk in providing 2nd line support
- A strong, amiable and flexible team-player
- Able to work using own initiative
- User-focussed, empathetic and when appropriate, firm, approach
- Good attention to detail & quality
- Excellent problem solving skills and evidence of strategic approach to fault diagnosis
- Excellent documentation skills
- Pleasant, confident and professional telephone manner
- Having an excellent technical aptitude
- Strong customer service ethic
- Very organised
- Willingness to undergo training and learn new skills
- Excellent communication skills – ability to explain technical details to non-technical customers
- Ability to prioritise
- Ability to work under pressure and tight deadlines
- Positive ‘can do’ approach
- Ability to maintain professional working relationships with team and customers
- Extended periods of sitting at a desk in front of a computer screen.
- Extended periods of using keyboard, mouse.
- Need to be able to upgrade PCs and Servers with RAM chips and various internal parts.
- Some physical labour involved such as carrying base units and monitors.
- The office is located in a rural location so own transport is required.
- Valid driving license
- Own means of transport