Dependent upon experience
Shefford, Bedfordshire, SG17
Average of 40 hours per week, working a mixture of 12-hour and 9 hour shifts on a 24/7 rota basis.
You will have excellent incident and problem analysis, diagnosis and resolution skills, ensuring that incidents and requests are resolved and implemented to agreed standards and timescales.
You will act as an escalation point for the 1st line Service Desk, researching and resolving more complex or time-consuming issues, however, you will know when an incident you are working on needs escalating to 3rd line. You will liaise and collaborate with other service providers, as well as third-party suppliers, to understand multi-faceted IT issues.
On occasion you will be required to work out of customer sites.
- Provide support to customers via telephone, e-mail and remote access.
- Diagnose and resolve escalations.
- Creating knowledge base articles for First Line Service Centre Analysts to improve technical knowledge.
- Act as a technical escalation for First Line Service Centre Analysts.
- On-site support when required.
- Windows 7 and Windows 10 Desktop Support.
- EPOS support.
- Handheld Support.
- MS Surface Pro Support.
- Exchange\Office 365 Support.
- WAN\LAN network troubleshooting.
- Basic Windows Server 2008 R2 – 2012 Support.
- Managed Build Support.
- Responsible for owning all incidents in their queue.
- All calls (excluding third party) to be updated daily.
- All calls to be prioritised in line with SLA, unless overruled by a P1, P2 call or, instructed by your senior.
- If a call breaches SLA call customer to advise and let them know why when next update is due.
- When you start working on a call, Contact customer to inform and clarify incident.
- First means of contact should be via the telephone.
- Responsible for updating all third party calls, these should be done via phone, not a chase e-mail.
- Seniors responsible for monitoring analyst incident management.
- Floor walking to assist all analysts.
- No abandoned (personal) calls.
- The post holder may opt out of the 48 hour (Working Time Directive).
- The post holder will be required to visit Centrality’s customer places of work as required whereby all travel expenses fully reimbursed.
- The post holder will be required to assist in the preparation and dispatch of IT equipment.
- The post holder may be required to undertake training as specified.
Skills and Experience
GCSE Maths and English at grade C or higher
A-Level Maths and English at grade C or higher
Active and recent Microsoft technical qualifications
- Minimum of 3 years’ Service Desk\Helpdesk support experience.
- Minimum of 2 years Active Directory experience.
- Minimum of 12 months Office365 support.
- Experience in using service desk applications to log and monitor support calls.
- Demonstrable Incident Management experience – Managing incidents including business expectations, communication and dealing with escalations.
- Exceptional analytical problem solving skills.
- Knowledge of both server and client operating systems.
- Ability to liaise and collaborate with authority to other service providers, as well as third-party suppliers.
- Use of remote control software for fault diagnosis and resolution.
- A knowledge of network topology, components and systems monitoring.
- Remote administration of workstations, servers, routers, network switches.
- General network connectivity/troubleshooting.
Personal Characteristics & Behaviours
- Excellent organisational, analytical and time management skills with the ability to multitask
- Self-starter with the ability to work equally well under own initiative or as part of a wider team
- Strong and professional attitude to working with customers and third parties
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills – both written and oral.
- Ability to maintain a positive attitude and calm demeanour when under high pressure
- High degree of diligence and professionalism and meticulous attention to detail.
- High tolerance and flexibility to travel including outside normal business hours.
Must have own means of getting to work.