Dependent upon experience
Shefford, Bedfordshire, SG17
Shift based, average 40 hours per week (core working hours will be 07.00 to 19.00 Monday to Friday) with occasional weekend cover required on a rotational basis.
We are looking for Service Desk Analysts to join our 1st Line Support team. The role involves receiving, logging, processing and monitoring tickets received into our IT Service Desk. You will ensure that all client support requirements are managed in a courteous and professional manner.
You will have excellent incident and problem analysis, diagnosis and resolution skills, ensuring that incidents and requests are resolved and implemented to agreed standards and timescales whilst utilising the call-logging software. You will be a confident member of the Service Centre team understanding when an incident you are working on needs escalating to a senior team member.
Your interpersonal skills will mean that you feel just as comfortable dealing with a junior member of a customer’s team as you would be conversing with a director. This will be both in person and over the phone. As part of the team you will encourage and maintain a positive employee culture of good communications, customer care and continuous improvement.
When your team mates need help, you’ll be there, that might mean getting involved in other aspects of the day to day Service Centre that are not normally part of your role. You will be open to doing things in a new way and embrace change. You will take advantage of appropriate training opportunities as they arise, in order to keep up to date with relevant skills and development.
- When required participate in shift rota averaging out at 40 hours per week (including occasional weekend cover).
- The post holder may opt out of the 48 hour (Working Time Directive).
- The post holder may be required to visit Centrality’s customer places of work as required, whereby all travel expenses fully reimbursed.
- The post holder will be required to assist in the preparation and dispatch of IT equipment.
- The post holder may be required to undertake training as specified.
Skills and Experience
- GCSE Maths and English at grade C or higher
- CompTIA A+ qualification would be desirable.
- Microsoft Technology Associate certification would be desirable.
Personal Characteristics & Behaviours
- Good knowledge and understanding of IT systems is desirable; however full training will be provided.
- Previous experience in a customer service role (essential).
- Able to work using own initiative with a ‘can do’ attitude.
Skills, Abilities and Competencies
- Enthusiastic with a passion for technology.
- Willing to participate in professional development specific to role.
- Good problem-solving skills and techniques.
- Excellent communication & interpersonal skills, written and oral, confident with all levels of user up to and including director level.
- Pleasant, confident and professional telephone manner.
- A strong, amiable and flexible team-player.
- Able to work using own initiative.
- User-focussed, empathetic and when appropriate, firm, approach.
- Good attention to detail and quality.
- Positive ‘can do’ approach.
- Ability to prioritise, work under pressure and to tight deadlines.
Must have own means of getting to work.