Shefford, Bedfordshire, SG17
We are looking for Service Desk Analysts to join our 1st Line Support team. The role involves receiving, logging, processing and monitoring tickets received into our IT Service Desk. You will ensure that all client support requirements are managed in a courteous and professional manner.
You will have excellent incident and problem analysis, diagnosis and resolution skills, ensuring that incidents and requests are resolved and implemented to agreed standards and timescales whilst utilising the call-logging software. You will be a confident member of the Service Centre team understanding when an incident you are working on needs escalating to a senior team member.
Your interpersonal skills will mean that you feel just as comfortable dealing with a junior member of a customer’s team as you would be conversing with a director. This will be both in person and over the phone. As part of the team you will encourage and maintain a positive employee culture of good communications, customer care and continuous improvement.
When your team mates need help, you’ll be there, that might mean getting involved in other aspects of the day to day Service Centre that are not normally part of your role. You will be open to doing things in a new way and embrace change. You will take advantage of appropriate training opportunities as they arise, in order to keep up to date with relevant skills and development.
Skills and Experience
- GCSE Maths and English at grade C or higher
- CompTIA A+ qualification would be desirable
- Microsoft Technology Associate certification would be desirable
Experience and Knowledge
- Good knowledge and understanding of IT systems is desirable; however full training will be provided
- Previous experience in a customer service role (essential)
- Able to work using own initiative with a ‘can do’ attitude
Skills, Abilities and Competencies
- Enthusiastic with a passion for technology
- Willing to participate in professional development specific to role
- Good problem-solving skills and techniques
- Excellent communication & interpersonal skills, written and oral, confident with all levels of user up to and including director level
- Pleasant, confident and professional telephone manner
- A strong, amiable and flexible team-player
- Able to work using own initiative
- User-focussed, empathetic and when appropriate, firm, approach
- Good attention to detail and quality
- Positive ‘can do’ approach
- Ability to prioritise, work under pressure and to tight deadlines
- Valid driving license
- Own means of transport